6.22.2009

I LOVE MOMMY... I MEAN MONEY

A Brooklyn man’s six-year-long impersonation of his dead mother came to end last week when police finally busted his scam to collect her social security checks. Thomas Parkin, 49, regularly dressed up in a wig, sunglasses, nail polish, red lipstick, and his mom’s old clothes in order to cash her benefits which have totaled over $100,000 since 2003. The scheme began to unravel last year when Parkin filed bankruptcy for his mom so that “she” could get up to $40,000 in subsidies to help pay for her mortgage. Parkin defended himself to the officer’s by claiming that he had actually taken over his mom’s identity. “I held my mother when she was dying and breathed in her last breath, so I am my mother,” he told investigators. Nevertheless, Parkins is now being charged with 47 counts including grand larceny, perjury, forgery and conspiracy. (NBCNewYork.com)

No comments: